Irkutsk State Agrarian University named after A.A. Ezhevsky
Irkutsk state agrarian university named after A.A. Ezhevsky was established in 1934 as Irkutsk Agricultural Institute. It was located in the old building in Timiryazev Street, 59 and consisted of four faculties: agronomy, zoo technology, veterinary and agricultural mechanization. At that time Irkutsk state agrarian university was the only agrarian university on the territory of Eastern Siberia.
During the antebellum period, 326 agricultural specialists and experts graduated from the University.
In 1957 the University began training the citizens of the Mongolian People's Republic for the highest qualifications, and in 1973 the personnel of the Ministry of Agriculture and scientific-pedagogical employees of the Mongolian People's Republic practiced in the Institute for the first time.
The next development stage of the University was the construction of new academic buildings and dormitories, so the University gradually acquired a modern look.
In 1979 the University opened the Chita affiliation for part-time education and in 2000 it became Zabaikalsky agrarian institute. In 1996 Irkutsk Agricultural Institute got the status of the Academy. In 2002 the Academy was became Irkutsk State Academy of Agriculture.
For 80 years the University trained about 50,000 professionals for agricultural and industrial complex in Siberia and other regions of Russia as well as for other countries. The graduates of the University work successfully in Russia and abroad.
For a great and effective educational work as well as for significant scientific activities the University was awarded the Order of Red Banner of Labor of the Mongolian People's Republic in 1984 and in 1985 it got the Order of Friendship of Peoples.
Through the history of the University trained more than 550 highly-qualified specialists for foreign countries: Kazakhstan, Mongolia, China, Afghanistan, Syria, Bulgaria, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Vietnam, Uzbekistan etc. Among them there are the graduates who became leading specialists in the field of agriculture. Here are the examples:
B. Binie – Head of the department of politics and planning of food supply and agriculture, Mongolia;
Kh. Khurmetkhan – Deputy minister of finances, Mongolia;
S. Tuul – Main specialist of tax inspection, Mongolia;
E. Tegshee – Specialist of Ministry of forestry and game management, Mongolia;
Ya. Oyunbileg – Main specialist for agricultural politics of Darkhan-Uul area, Mongolia;
I.Khanymkhan – Specialist of Ministry of finances and others, Mongolia.
Today there are 10,000 students among them 125 international students from Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, the USA, Germany, Armenia, and Mongolia. Annually International students from Poland, Czech Republic, Germany, France, and Mongolia do the exchange practice at the University.